Summer means bikes, pool floats, outdoor toys, shoes everywhere and much more! Is your garage filling up as summer moves along? The system that worked a few months ago may be different now that the kids are home all day. Well, here are some tips that can help you create and keep an organized garage:
- Side Shelf Unit: Rather than stacking things up in the corners. Buy a shelving unit so items can be placed neatly. This way everything is visible and out of the way of traffic.
- Above Head Storage: There is a lot of space above the cars that could be used. There are racks/shelf that can be installed along the ceiling of your garage. The amount of storage will amaze you. It may be harder to get to, so this area is great for items you don’t use often.
- Hooks: Hang what you can! Bikes, tools, yard equipment, extension cords, etc. Many things can be placed on hooks (either from the wall or ceiling.) This will free up a lot of space and give your garage a system.
- Labeling: Put like items in a storage box. To go the extra mile, you can even buy all matching boxes. Regardless of the storage box…use labels to mark the box. Then face the labels out so you can easily see what is in the box. This will save a lot of time as you are searching for that box of ornaments!
- Frequently Used Basket: Have one basket of items that you use often. Keep that basket front and center to avoid making a mess every time you need something from that container!